Friday, June 11, 2010

My favorite meal in Albuquerque was at El Patio

It's an unassuming place, just an old house on Harvard, but the food was excellent, as was the service. Very casual, with reasonable prices. We were there for a late lunch on a Thursday so it wasn't crowded. I had the chicken and green chile enchiladas, and Kerri had the chile relleno. Both were really good, and they bring you sopapillas and honey for dessert as part of your meal, at no extra charge, and the sopapillas are a work of art, puffed and delicious.

I have a couple of favorite restaurants in Santa Fe (is it obvious that I think about food a lot?), but now there is a place I've never been that I want to try: Santa Luna. Real Mexican food, not Tex-Mex, not New Mexican food, but more like something you might get in Mexico City. Or so they say. Now we have to decide between first going to Santa Luna, or first returning to old favs like Tia Sophia's, The Shed, or Cafe Pascuals. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment